You aren’t going crazy. Starbucks has removed the option to add a Starbucks Card to Apple Wallet, after first adding support for Apple Wallet — which was at the time known as Apple Passbook — back in October 2012. But just because Starbucks doesn’t offer the integration anymore, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Here’s how to add a Starbucks Card to Apple Wallet, and the new-found limitations that come with it.
Back when Starbucks supported Apple Wallet natively, reward balances were visible next to the barcode, so you could see how close you were to a free coffee in an instant similar to what you find when you add a Tesco Clubcard to Apple Wallet. But, because this workaround doesn’t leverage the Starbucks application, this is no longer supported and balances aren’t shown — like the Costa Card in Apple Wallet.
- Apple iPhone
- Stocard Application
- Write instructions
- Download Stocard from the Apple App Store.
- Tap the + icon in the upper-right corner of the Cards screen.
- Search for 'Starbucks' and select it from the list.
- Either scan the barcode on your Starbucks card or enter the code.
- Your card will now be digitized and will be shown on the screen -- click the three dots in the top-right corner
- Select 'Add to Apple Wallet' from the list of options, followed by 'Add'.
You will need to add a Starbucks Card to Apple Wallet on an iPhone, before it can be used on an Apple Watch. This restriction isn’t unique to Starbucks because it doesn’t support Apple Wallet anymore. It also applies to applications that offer a one-click add, like Costa and Tesco. This means you also need to add add a Costa Card to Apple Wallet, or store your Tesco Clubcard in Apple Wallet, on an iPhone first.