Chegg is a valuable tool for students, offering instance access a myriad of textbooks, topic breakdowns, practice exams and other resources — but there will come a time when everyone will want to cancel their membership. Unfortunately, it isn’t always as easy as heading over to the website and clicking ‘cancel Chegg subscription’. That’s because the steps you’ll need to follow will depend on the device (or account) you used to subscribe. You’ll need to use that same account to cancel Chegg.
For example, if you subscribed to Chegg from your iPad or iPhone, you probably secured your membership with the payment information you have on file on your Apple ID, the ones you use to purchase from the Apple App Store, so you’ll need to cancel your Chegg subscription from that handset, or another device signed in to the same Apple ID. The same applies to Android users who subscribed through the Google Play Store, using the payment details on their Google Account.
How to Cancel Chegg on the Web
- Head over to the Chegg website and sign in to your account
- Click the Profile Icon in the top-right, then select Account.
- Select ‘Cancel/Change Membership’, and switch to Pay As You Go.
- Click on ‘Save Changes’, followed by ‘Unsubscribe Anyway’.
- Provide a reason for cancellation then confirm the change.
If you subscribed to the service through the Chegg website using a credit or debit card, then it couldn’t be easier to cancel Chegg. This takes it back to basics: Just navigate to the website, sign in, then head into your account and click ‘Cancel Subscription’. You’ll then be able to continue using it until the next billing date, so if you cancel on October 10 and it’s due to renew on October 23, you’ll be able to use it as you usually would (with no new restrictions) for another 12 days.
How to Cancel Chegg on iPad or iPhone
- Open the Settings application on your device.
- Click your name at the top of the screen.
- Select the Subscriptions item from the list of options.
- Locate and select Chegg, then click ‘Cancel Subscription.’
Subscribed to Chegg on iPad or iPhone? You probably used the App Store to set up the membership. If that’s the case, you’ll need to cancel it via your Apple ID. This can be done using any device signed in to your Apple ID, like an iPad, iPhone or Mac. You can check to see by visiting Subscriptions in Settings on your handset. You can also cancel through the App Store on a Mac, by clicking ‘View Information’ followed by Subscriptions’ after clicking your name in the bottom-left corner.
How to Cancel Chegg on an Android Device
- Head into the Google Play Store, and click your Profile.
- Select Payments and Subscriptions from the menu.
- Locate and select Chegg, and click Manage.
- Click on ‘Cancel Subscription’, and confirm the cancellation.
If you initiated your Chegg subscription on Android and use the Play Store to process your payment, you’ll need to cancel it in there. This can be done in a few taps: Tap the profile icon in the top-right, followed by Payments & Subscriptions, then locate and cancel it. Your subscription then won’t renew on the next billing date. But again, you’ll be able to continue using the service as you usually would, up until that date. So if you signed up for a free trial, you can use this trick to not be billed.