Received a QR Code for an event through email and want to store it in Apple Wallet for safekeeping and instant access? While this isn’t a feature that Apple offers out of the box, it is possible to add a QR code to Apple Wallet. This will work for physical codes too.
The process is similar to how you add a PDF to Apple Wallet: You need to use a tool like Pass2U Wallet to convert the QR into a PassKit Package that can be added to Apple Wallet. This isn’t as difficult as it sounds either — just scan the QR code and it’ll handle the rest.
- Apple iPhone or iPad
- Pass2U Wallet Application
- Head into the App Store and download Pass2U Wallet.
- Click the + button in the bottom-left corner of Pass2U Wallet.
- Choose 'Get the Barcode in the Photo' from the menu
- Select the QR you wish to add to Apple Wallet on your device.
- Choose the Pass Type. Don't see what it is? Just click Generic.
- You can now customize the Pass to make a little easier on the eye.
- When you're finished, click the Done icon in the top-right corner.
- Wait a moment for the Pass to be generated, then click Add.
You can also add a QR code to Apple Wallet if it isn’t stored on your iPhone by scanning it with your device’s camera. To do this, select ‘Scan the Barcode on the Card’ or ‘Enter the Barcode on the Card’ at Step 3, then follow the instructions on the screen to feed it the relevant information.
When it comes to customizing the Pass, there are a bunch of templates you can use. To access these, select ‘Apply a Pass Template’ when you reach Step 3 above, then choose a template before moving on. Alternatively, you can customize the design as you see fit, building it from the ground up.